The Fitzrovia Hospital
Who we are
Located behind an elegant façade in historic Fitzrovia Hospital is in the heart of London's West End, our clinic’s facilities are impressive. We offer spacious consulting rooms, an in-house pharmacy and laboratory, a fully equipped procedure room and an overnight stay facility.
The consultants at Fitzrovia Hospital have a wealth of experience, providing a diverse range of medical treatments. Supported by our experienced and conscientious nursing team, we offer our patients first class standards of medical care and hygiene. Fitzrovia Hospital is accredited with the Care Quality Commission.
Our mission, vision & values
Our mission, vision and values are the guiding principles by which we conduct our business.
Equality and diversity
Fitzrovia Hospital is committed to valuing and promoting equality and diversity. Our goal is to ensure that our commitment is reinforced by our values, and is embedded in our day-to-day working practices with all our patients, colleagues and partners.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, trade union activity, political beliefs or any other grounds.
Our hospitals heritage
The history that makes up Fitzrovia Hospital dates back to the opening of the original St Luke's Hospital in 1892.
St Luke's Hospital for the Clergy was a charity founded in 1892 to support sick members of the Anglican clergy and which owned a hospital in Fitzroy Square, London. The hospital project was founded in 1892 by Canon William Henry Cooper and his second wife and opened initially as a hostel in Beaumont Street. In 1904 two houses were acquired in Fitzroy Square. Each was rebuilt, the first being opened by Queen Alexandra in 1907, and the second opened by Queen Mary in 1923. The Queen Mother visited the hospital in 1957.
In 1994, the hospital was refurbished and redeveloped in a scheme designed by architect Ronald Wylde Associates. On 17 January 1995, it was rededicated by the Archbishop of Canterbury, and officially reopened by Queen Elizabeth II, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, on 8 March 1995. St Luke's Hospital for the Clergy re-branded itself as St Luke's Healthcare for the Clergy in January 2010 and supported the physical and mental health of the Anglican clergy from Church House in Westminster.
The hospital underwent a complete refurbishment in 2006 - 2007 at a cost of £3 million pounds which included a new patient trolley lift, operating theatre and systems whilst undergoing a full internal refurbishment. Now under new management, further improvements are underway which started back in 2021 in order to redecorate the building, upgrade the operating suite to include laminar flow, the creation of a teaching faculty with new lecture theatre plus clinical research facility including clinical trials unit and laboratories.
Policies & Accreditations
The Fitzrovia Hospital is committed to ongoing improvement of patient care in all areas. While we have an excellent record in delivering quality patient care and managing risks, Fitzrovia Hospital continues to focus on improvements that will keep it at the forefront of health care delivery.
We are pleased to offer a fully equipped lecture theatre and teaching room which provide venues for individual specialty teaching programmes.
Car parking facilities in Fitzrovia square are restricted. We advise that patients are dropped off immediately outside the main entrance to the hospital. Car parking facilities can be found several minutes away adjacent to the Holiday Inn where there is a public car park. Address: Carburton St, London W1W 5EE. A map can be found here.